Components of my backpack. Eventually, I'd like to go as modular as possible with my backpack system, but I still like to be prepared for unexpected events.
- Zagg USB Wallcharger/Backup battery
- Mini USB cable
- Micro USB Cable (long)
- Sandisk Sansa Clip Music Player (with 16 GB Micro SD card)
- MicroSD to SD card adapter
- Stanley 4 in 1 pocket screwdriver
- 2 black ballpoint pens
- 1 blue ballpoint pen
- 1 mechanical pencil
- Tire gauge
- Business Card holder
- Stanley Small Screwdriver set
- Kindle in case with reading light
- Small Umbrella
- Vivatar 5x30 Binoculars
- Small electrics bag
- Small, cheap LED flashlight (3xAAA batteries)
- Sprint Wall and Car outlet to 2x USB charger
- Mini USB Cable
- Micro USB Cable
- Ultrabook (Zareason Ultralap 430)
- Ultrabook power adapter
- Various notebooks, usually Moleskins
- Overnight/Emergency supplies bag
- Bag of bags: Multiple sandwich and gallon sized ziplock bags
- 2 Toothbrushes
- Notebook bag: old moleskin datebook, mechanical pencil in ziplock
- 2 toothbrushes
- triple antibiotic ointment
- Eton Hand crank Flashlight/Weather radio/USB charger
- Hotel Bar soap
- Hotel shampoo bottle
- Spare underwear
- Spare socks
- Small items subbag
- several rubber bands
- 4 AA batteries
- 7 AAA batteries
- 1 9V battery
- Spare headphones
At the moment it's not overly heavy, but I can still add more stuff.
Things I'd like to add:
- Small bottle of sunscreen.
- Spare glasses
- Deck of cards
- High calorie snack of some sort.
- Tablet (Nexus 7?) probably replacing Kindle
A Ham radio would be cool, too, but I'd need to learn how to operate one and get a license.
I don't think all of that is going to fit in my current backpack, though at the moment, I could accomdate a couple of full size textbooks as well. The towel, in particular, would need to be cleverly done.
What else should I have?